Monday, October 23

I, Me, My, Mine

Someone brought up today that I always refer to things by exclaiming that "It's mine", "I....", "My...", which makes others think that I am trying to show off, or that I am being cocky - trying to set myself above others.

I thought about it, agreed with the assessment and rationalised that, "Yes, I shouldn't keep using I, Me, My, Mine's in my conversations, whether casually or professionally." After all, it's not (always) about me.

But another part of me knows that I make a lot of reference to myself because I have a strong sense of ownership towards the things I do, and that I can only represent myself and not others.

So, is it really that bad for me to keep sprouting I, Me, My, Mine's  as I go on with life?

I don't know. I am not sure anymore.

No comments: